I have never made this list my entire life. You know, the list. THE list. THIS list?
So why now? Birthday’s coming up and I thought I’d give people something to talk about. Kind of my man-bucket list, if you think about it.
So the list of 36 things, one for each year:
- Kind to waiters.
- Eating is a hobby, not for sustenance.
- Thinks it is cool that I am fanatical about video games like I am a 13-year old boy.
- Doesn’t attempt to make the bed if he is not the make-the-bed kinda guy. Domestic and housekeeping skills are overrated.
- Finds my sisters amusing. Siblings, not breasts.
- Finds the other (not siblings this time) sisters spectacular.
- When I talk or laugh too loud, instead of shush-ing me, tries one-upping me.
- Believes differences about religion, politics, sexual preferences, familial obligations and how to spend money should be respected (
even when on opposite camps; no no ESPECIALLY when on opposite camps), not debated.
- Not keen on PDAs, but touches me discreetly only, and ONLY WHEN, no one is looking. When caught, feigns feeling faint.
- Asks me to model my shoes instead of asking how many pairs does a girl need in her lifetime? (Who knows? No one has ever been able to answer that question).
- Tells me I look great in any outfit I wear without a single umm whatsoever.
- Pretends to be asleep when I creep out of bed into the dark living room to play my guitar at 3 in the morning, then tiptoes and sits quietly in a corner to observe.
- Texts me to ask how I am, not where I am or what I am doing.
- When I want cupcakes, gets me cupcakes. And the RIGHT kind of cupcakes (Wondermilk, Bijoux or Delicious. Others are not the right kind).
- Takes pride in my work instead of competing with it.
- Japan is a shared fascination (or in my case, obsession).
- Throws me and my trainers out of the door when I attempt to lie my way out of running.
- Enjoys music and gets why I need to have the odd 11,000 songs in my MP3 player at all times.
- This blog is not unnerving, it’s documenting memories.
- Loses track of time on purpose when we are together doing nothing in particular just so the moment can stretch a bit longer.
- Practices voluntary non-interference with a side of macaroons or Royce chocolates when it comes to me and my girlfriends coz nothing comes between me and my girlfriends.
- Must like House MD. Period.
- Buys me things that I like just because. Even if the color pink is a seriously dangerous allergen that can kill on-sight. (And I like a lot of things and pink things.)
- When buying my coffee, automatically orders the skinny version without asking (bonus point if he remembers the coffee jelly when it is coffee jelly season).
- Rain is a blessing, not nuisance.
- Worries about my inability to sleep but refrains from nagging.
- Torn jeans are cool, not rags.
- Makes no big deal if I am not into his things (football, fishing, collecting stamps, whatever).
- Makes no big deal about my guy friends. They tend to cluster and fester in and around my apartment every now and then.
- Knows how to change lightbulbs, repair door locks, jumpstart a car and open jars (the only exceptions to #4). Bonus points for the know-how to fix clogged drains, noisy ceiling fans and female adult who is sick with the cold and only wants to eat Uncle Lim’s Fish Porridge and nothing else.
- Favourite shape is curvy.
- Takes my fear of spiders, toads and caterpillars very seriously.
- Traveling is fun. Even if it means we’re 20,000 miles apart most of the time.
- Has 4-5 perfectly working spare mobile phones tucked in a drawer somewhere, you know, just in case I lose mine and need one in a pinch.
- May not think he is funny but gets Peter Chao’s sick humor.
- Easy-going but can put rude, obnoxious people in their places without raising voice or finger.
Happy birthday to me. Here, have a cupcake.
- What’s on your bucket list? (doggonedmysteries.wordpress.com)
- Mind Of Man: Men Are From Bacon, Women Are From Cupcakes (thefrisky.com)
- 50 Bucket List Articles – Things to Do Before You Kick It! (termlifeinsurance.org)
- What’s On Your Bucket List? 101 Things To Do Before You Die (becomeabetteruin365days.wordpress.com)
- Track that Truck! Flirty Cupcakes (chicagoist.com)