I feel strongly compelled to share this article.
The best bosses know when to push their people to work harder, when to praise versus criticize their people, and when the best management is no management at all. They are seen as in charge, but have the wisdom to listen to their people closely and to encourage them challenge the boss’s ideas in civilized and instructive ways. They treat their people with dignity and respect, and serve as “human shields,” who protecting their charges harm, distraction, and idiots and idiocy of every stripe.
This is what I hope to become some day.
[click link above for full article and photo slideshow of real-life incidences of 14 of the worst bosses you could imagine.)
- Robert Sutton: Bad Boss: 14 Horror Stories About The World’s Worst Bosses From The Author Of ‘Good Boss, Bad Boss’ (PHOTOS) (huffingtonpost.com)
- Bob Sutton – Good Boss, Bad Boss (itc.conversationsnetwork.org)
- Are you a good boss or a bad boss? (danpink.com)
- On National Boss Day October 15 Decide if You Have a Good Boss or a Bad Boss (prweb.com)
- Watch this Authors@Google: Robert Sutton (fredzimny.wordpress.com)