This originally appeared on Killing Time 1.0 on 24 February 2007.
Yes it is the dreaded tagging game. I have managed to successfully avoid being tagged for the past month but looks like I am finally caught.
I was tagged by Zulfa , former senior in hell school, I mean high school, and current friend (though he is skating on really thin ice at the moment).
So, the rules:
People who are tagged should write a blog post of 6 weird things about them as well as state these rules clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names at the bottom of your post. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says ‘you are tagged’ in their comments and tell them to read your blog.
Oh so many weird things to confess and so few allowed confessions! Here goes:
- I have a multiple track mind (hello schizophrenia!). For instance, when my kitchen was raging on fire, I was thinking simultaneously “Omigod! Omigod! Omigod!”; and “Where the heck is the laundry detergent?”; and “*koff* I am going to die *koff* if I don ‘t open up a window soon”; and “I wonder how much it would cost to replace the marble tiles?” etc. On a happier note, I did find the detergent, made soap water and subsequently put the fire out although later, I was scolded by the firemen for attempting to put out the fire on my own (“Leave it to the experts next time”) and told me, in very certain terms, that I should cease all cooking attempts so that there will be no next time.
- I get giddy, fanatical school girl crushes on Japanese superstars and game characters. I obsessively clip, google, copy, memorise, collect, fantasise, wallpaper, doodle my name with their last names (Ms Ijah Ffamran Mid Bunansa) and even get irrationally angry at any unsavoury reviews they get.
- I can fall asleep any time, any where, for any given duration, in any condition (standing up, sitting down, under the staircase, inside a broom closet) but I sleep very little at night. Just today, I texted Maddy to say that I was at Taman Jaya stop i.e. 3 stations away from Bangsar LRT, and then boom! The next thing I knew I was at KL Sentral. How did that happen? I literally dozed off nanoseconds after sending the message. But try calling me at 4.47am and I am wide awake reading some trashy magazine about Britney’s shaved head.
- I eat the same thing at the same shops again and again for weeks and weeks. Apparently, food jags is a common feeding problem for toddlers between 18-24 months. Not for gigantic 32-year old singletons. I am a scientific curiosity.
- I am demi-clairvoyant I deserve a guest role in Heroes, preferably in a short and tight cheerleader outfit. When I dream of someone or something; or when suddenly the thought of someone or something crosses my mind; or when a tune doesn’t want to get itself out of my head, very often I will hear from that someone, or that song will be played on the radio during my cab ride to the mall, or that something will happen… in the next couple of hours or days. Recent example: we called up Tequila-Myalo for a credentials presentation and I saw that SSL is one of their clients. Immediately after the meeting, Ms G from SSL, whom I haven’t heard in 2 years, called me up out of the blue to ask me out for coffee. I have the power!
- I write love songs like I have been broken-hearted a thousand times before. The truth is, all those crunching noise you hear? That would be me trampling over other people’s hearts. I am excellent at that.
Tag, you’re it!