What’s your 10 closet essentials?
Let’s get this out of the way first. I tag:
- Miss I-can-never-have-enough-shoes PC
- Miss Areolarocks (and I am sure the obscenity of that blog’s name was purely intentional). Update: read Chi’s essentials here.
- Miss I-miss-my-boyfriend-lots Ints Erinna (yeeeeees *long drawl*, I READ that post). Update: read ints essentials here.
- Miss “I am too busy to play tag coz I have babies to take care of” BabyD (honest, that’s her nickname)
- And honorary stylista Ads Abd Karim (and my pretend bodyguard), since he won the one with the MANbag one.
Ijah’s 10 closet essentials would be:
- Classic blue jeans that fits ass-wise and length-wise.
- A white top. Button down, baby-t, tanks, peasant, ruffled, sheer, whatever. Take your pick. You need a white one that shows off what you got from your mama.
- A black top.
- A pair of fabulous red shoes. I didn’t say it has to be comfortable. Or stripper-ish.
- An A-line dress. In any colour or degree of poufy-ness. Every girl needs an A-line dress.
- An all-purpose pashmina that goes with everything in your closet. When in doubt, buy black.
- A pearl necklace and matching earrings set. Trust me, this can instantly de-obscene your outfit no matter how low the neckline is. Very useful. Especially for people like me.
- A sharp, well-tailored suit. It could be made of velvet or 100% lycra for all I care. Make sure it fits perfectly.
- A black dress. It could be short, long, slim, poufy; in the form of lace kebaya or a replica of that insanely gorgeous boatneck one from Breakfast at Tiffany’s – the point is you NEED A BLACK DRESS. Go get one, now!
- A good, full-length mirror for you to admire yourself when you are wearing the above :-) By good I mean slimming.
According to Mr Isaac Mizrahi, these are the top 10 essential things that every woman’s closet should have as published in Oct issue of Glamour magazine:
Ijah’s closet audit:
- LDB? Check.
- Slim skirt? Check.
- White jeans? Check. Though I hate them coz they make my behind look humonguous, as if I need any help in that area.
- Loafer? Check (look at my mi shoes post and search for the hush puppies loafer; see additional note below).
- Matching sweater set? Nope. I thought only grandmas wear them.
- White button down? Check. I have the black button down too.
- Sunglasses? Double check.
- Fitted blazer? Check. Make that fitted leather blazer, thank you (though I am sure I have absolutely no occassion to wear it to).
- Heeled sandals? Check. In red, by Aldo, with silver heels. Some people call them stripper heels and I couldn’t find any valid reasons to disagree.
- The perfect bra? This hasn’t been invented.
Is it wrong that I want my penny loafer to look like THIS
instead of like THIS?