I was cleaning/waxing/brushing my shoes this morning. Contrary to popular belief, the tally of my shoes (excluding trainers and thongs) is only a little over 50 pairs, 56 to be exact. If you include the trainers and thongs, it’s probably a little over 60 pairs. A respectable number I think. Most of them are Aldo’s, Elle’s or Renoma ‘s though there are some Vincci (mandatory, don’t you think?), Nose, Primavera, Swank and even a Bata (the velvet black mary janes that I bought for the hentai school uniform a party!). Much to my surprise I only have one pair of Nine West. My most expensive purchase was a Roberto Cavalli – bought in a moment of pure madness and weakness in HK. Can’t regret it now since the money is already gone and spent. Spilt milk, you know?
I have a penchant for red shoes and mary janes; and for some reason I could not find my red sling back from Philosophy (the one pictured here is a copycat from Vincci). I also have a few pairs at the office that I keep as spares in case I need to dress up or down depending on the ocassion.
I am still short of a few staples. For instance:
- I have no boots (I have two, one is an ankle length black studded boots and the other is a calf-length tan leather boots but they are so damn old I don’t consider them as shoes anymore!).
- I also have no two-tone shoes, I really REALLY love the ones that Aida & PC own but could not find one that I fancy anywhere.
- An oxford, which I have been wanting to get but could not find a pair that I like. Again, PC has a great pair.
- One of those gladiator sandal things but probably not since I have nothing to wear it with.
- A pair of Converse! I know this falls under trainers, but I want a pair of Converse!
- A sparkly diamante strappy sandals to wear with my many BLDs.
Since I have no better post, here they are (not all of them though), in no particular order of preference. Some of these are really old and worn and I should throw them out, and keep them out of this post, but unless any of you volunteered to buy me a new one, they stay!
p/s: I can confirm that RM180 a month shopping stipend CANNOT make this Malaysian woman happy.