Miss Ints tagged me on this one. It’s a bit overdue but I was busy with this that and the other. After all, pruning down my long list of peeves to just 15 takes some effort.
I define pet peeves as things that get me annoyed, but not necessarily upset or hysterical. Enough to make me roll my eyes or utter a french word or two lah; but not enough to murder someone.
Ok, 15 Pet Peeves in no particular order.
- Bad photographs that show my big, fat, Tyra Banks arms.
- Not knowing what to wear. I am still struggling to deal with this problem one day at a time.
- Smudged eyeliner.
- Not being able to find my mobile phone when it rings and rings and rings in my handbag.
- Not remembering where I put my keys/rings/glasses/ipod/wristwatch. I’m always a few minutes late every morning because of this.
- Ice that melts too fast in my drinks.
- Having to decide where to eat.
- Taxi drivers who refuse to use the NPE despite my instructions, only to find much to my annoyance, that the Federal Highway is indeed, as I predicted, bumper-to-bumper jammed.
- People who make faces when I laugh a little too much too loud. Lighten up. You have plenty of time to be surly and moody when you’re dead.
- Anyone showing off anything with completely indiscreet brand name or logos splashed all over it. You can wear them, you don’t have to flout them. Nothing says no-style faster than a boorish labels junkie.
- Shoes that squeak.
- Slow elevators.
- Inconsiderate drivers that bulldoze through puddles and splash innocent pedestrians without even thinking twice about it.
- Unsuccessfully trying to zip up or unzip a dress by myself.
- Unsolicited instant messages on the MSN messenger by strangers.