- The bad news is Taylor Guitars are no longer available at Emi’s friend’s shop in Berjaya Times Square. I have to go and get them at Bentley’s, which will charge me like 30% more than other places. The good news is, now I have an excuse to take a quick drive to Singapore and get one there. Helloooooooooooooooo Rock & Republic jeans.
- The bad news is my sofa has been fodder for a colony of termites (yuck yuck yuck, don’t even want to describe how geli it was when we found out about it). The good news is I get to spend the whole day traipsing through Ikea and bought a bright red 2-seater, a white 1-seater, two bar stools (for us rock chicks) and a metal and tempered glass dining table. The dining table wasn’t eaten by termites but since I was in the mood for some furniture shopping….
- The bad news is my Wii is not here yet so I have to wait another three freaking weeks before the console arrives. The good news is I managed to buy a brand new 14″ JVC TV (in anticipation for the Wii) for only RM149. I love it when shops close down and have to hold clearance sale.
- The bad news is a pair of Aldo shoes costs RM468. The good news is they are holding a 50% sale so I get to buy two shoes for the price of one!! It’s still a bit too much money for something that ends up (irregularly) on my feet but dammit, I look hot in those shoes.
- The bad news is I am losing one of my staff for the first time since I rebuild the team last April. The good news is this resignation sends a message, one that I will not elaborate here. But it’s a good message, and one that I hope will repeat again and again and again til the people that matter get it.
January was a stressful month. Feb is shaping up to be a lot less strenuous, but I feel a storm brewing in the background.
Time to practice for the gig!